nternational School Utrecht (ISUtrecht) is the first official Dutch International School in the Province of Utrecht. Since opening its doors in August 2012, the school has flourished and now in its fourth year has an enrolment of over 250 students aged 4-16, together representing over 25 nationalities.
ISUtrecht is a candidate International Baccalaureate World School, currently teaching the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP). From August 2016 the school will also offer the Diploma Programme. ISUtrecht is working towards PYP and MYP authorisation in the autumn of 2015, followed by DP authorisation in the summer of 2016.
ISUtrecht provides a challenging, rigorous and accessible intercultural learning environment to primary and secondary students from diverse international backgrounds.
Through internationally respected and recognised programmes we involve our students in meaningful learning experiences as an essential part of a 21st Century education.
As a community school we serve the international community and seek cooperation with local partners, including Utrecht University. ISUtrecht seeks to actively contribute to the international character of the Utrecht area.
Learning for world citizenship
We support our students to develop a love for learning and become:
- Successful learners
- Confident, understanding, respectful individuals
- Responsible world citizens
- Effective contributors
- Academic, physical and creative development
- Intercultural understanding and the celebration of difference
- The fostering of students’ own background and identity
- Dutch language and culture
- Healthy lifestyle choices
- A responsibility for the community, from local to global